Monday, September 23, 2013

THE FAMILY IN THE PHILIPPINE SETTING

THE FAMILY IN THE PHILIPPINE SETTING


The word is from the Latin : 'familia' - household; household servants, which in turn came from another Latin term: 'famulus' - servant. It was first used to refer to the servants of a household and then to both the servants and the descendants of a common ancestor. It was not until 1667 that the term was used specifically for a group of persons consisting of parents and their children.







 Filipino's hospitality is one of the qualities made familiar in the whole world. Though, whatever status belong-in poorer and in riches, discipline & faith is the manifestation of a true filipino family.  

  • Father "Tatay"- I missed the way he  disciplined me since childhood. I thought he was just getting mad the way he taught me but, I was wrong. He was just corrected me and building my thoughts & heart to prepare me in a very complicated & untiresome flow of life. As I realize all these things, I relinquished my childhood's desires and keeping myself tackling the road of success. I missed my "Tatay's" words of thoughts!. He is now 83 years of age.. age of the horizon of the dawn.
  • Mother "Nanay" - the light that guided us for not to stumble & fall. She taught me the first letter, the first walk, how to dress up. Did you remember when the night come and going to bed, she says " maghilamos ka muna, galing ka sa laro" -
  • Brothers/sisters - One of them is inevitably favorite, right?.. The ones saved you when your down and at the same time, the ones quarreled when somethings wanted from you.But the truth, the peace of heart is there, the brotherhood is there.. the love in the family is there.. 
How does a country turn into trouble if the single unit of it is full of love, sacrifices, mutual understanding, give & take to each other?

No comments:

Post a Comment